About JSBC •
Editorial Board •
Call for Papers •
How to Subscribe •
Submission Information •
Style Sheet •
Current Issue •
Back Numbers •
Alphabetical Index of Articles and Reviews
Current Issue (Vol.
The 'Popular' and the Past: Popular Cultures of the Nineteenth Century
(guest editors: Doris Feldmann and Christian Krug)
- Doris Feldmann & Christian Krug, 'The ‘Popular’ and the Past: Popular Cultures of the Nineteenth Century
Schülting, '“The O. K. thing on Sunday is walking in the Zoo”:
Zoological Gardens, the Music Hall, and Popular Recreation in Victorian
- Joachim Frenk, 'Punch’s (and Judy’s) Material Performances'
- Anne-Julia Zwierlein, 'The Lecturer as Revenant(e): Sensation and Conversion in Late-Victorian Popular Lecturing and Mass Print'
- Katharina Boehm, 'Popular Antiquities: Romantic Antiquarianism and the Historicisation of Merry England'
- John Storey, ed. (2016), The Making of English Popular Culture
- Nicholas Daly (2015),The Demographic Imagination and
the Nineteenth-Century City: Paris, London, New York
- Sabine Schülting (2016), Dirt in Victorian Literature and Culture: Writing Materiality
- J. H. Stape, ed. (2015), The New Cambridge Companion to Joseph Conrad